Meteor Shower® Verbena | Proven Winners
$8.99 — Sold Out
Lollipops of lilac blooms on deep green foliage. A fun plant for landscapes and containers. A truly compact form of the common form.
- Continuous Bloom or Rebloomer
- Long Blooming
- Heat Tolerant
- Deadheading Not Necessary
- Drought Tolerant
- Attracts: Butterflies, Hummingbirds
- Resists: Deer
- Plant Type: Annual
- Height Category: Tall
- Garden Height: 20 - 30 Inches
- Spacing: 8 - 12 Inches
- Spread: 8 - 12 Inches
- Flower Colors: Purple
- Flower Shade: Violet - Lilac
Foliage Colors: Green
- Foliage Shade: Dark Green
- Habit: Upright
- Container Role: Thriller
- Light Requirement: Part Sun to sun
- Maintenance Category: Easy
- Bloom Time: Planting To Hard Frost
- Hardiness Zones: 7a, 7b, 8a, 8b, 9a, 9b, 10a, 10b, 11a, 11b
- Water Category: Average
- Soil Fertility Requirement: Average Soil
- Uses: Border Plant, Container, Landscape
- Uses Notes: Great in both containers and landscapes.
These easy to maintain plants do not need deadheading, however, removing old flowers can be done if you would like.
An updated look for the species, Meteor Shower™ has a denser, more vigorous growth habit which equates to more manageable and attractive plants as a flowering thriller in containers and massed in the landscape. And since the plants set little seed, it won’t become invasive like most Verbenas of this type. Heat and drought tolerance and deer resistance sweeten its appeal.
Photos courtesy of Proven Winners